Congratulations to fellow Indians

veerigadu

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

People from IIT have been doing well all over the world. Ranking seems very low and IITs are deemed esteem in USA too.

IITs are junk in terms of research output and pushing the boundaries of scientific thought. 

And they are not deemed esteemed in usa. who said that ? nobody bothered about that with me in interviews. in fact desis aithe inka worst.

There is a special value for IITan's in India. Companies lineup offering huge salaries during campus interviews. Most of my non-indian colleagues are aware of IIT and say students being super smart.   

4 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Meanwhile chinese are beating oxford and cambridge in research parameter

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3223810/nature-index-rates-chinese-universities-ahead-oxbridge-caltech-quality-research-output

Chinese universities ranked ahead of Oxbridge, Caltech in quality research output by Nature Index

Amazing. 

India needs to invest in its education system too. 

2 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

There is a special value for IITan's in India. Companies lineup offering huge salaries during campus interviews. Most of my non-indian colleagues are aware of IIT and say students being super smart.   

I did btech in iit.

51 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Our math is very strong than people from most countries.

However, We need amenities to put subject knowledge to test (Practical's). 

Indian Math curriculum or teaching methodology nothing great.. just kids are smart to grasp.

I saw people appreciating Singapore Math but not ours.

2 minutes ago, kiran1012 said:

Indian Math curriculum or teaching methodology nothing great.. just kids are smart to grasp.

I saw people appreciating Singapore Math but not ours.

Indians parents put too much focus on Math and science because of opportunities .. Their push is also another reason we are good at math.

US Math teaching chusaka..Indian way of teaching math is 1000 times better anipinchindi. 

14 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Mee previous reply tho .. Guessed. :)

You do not seem happy about it.

No my campus stay was good. But their low ranking is deserved because indeed research output is low. Too much casteism on campus.

11 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

No my campus stay was good. But their low ranking is deserved because indeed research output is low. Too much casteism on campus.

:)

India needs to invest more on their education system. Everywhere including campuses and universities. Increase standards.

Even as the Supreme Court has struck down race-conscious admissions in higher education, many other nations will continue to use affirmative action in schools.

About a quarter of countries around the world have policies for affirmative action at colleges and universities, and many have emerged within the last generation, research in the mid-2010s found.

Those places include China, where students who are not members of the country’s dominant ethnic group can be admitted to schools with lower test scores, and France, where some selective institutions intentionally seek out students from schools in disadvantaged areas. In Brazil, a 2012 law set aside about 50 percent of seats at many federal universities for those who went to public high schools and groups who have experienced discrimination, including Black and Indigenous students.

But, as in the United States, the future of the Brazil law has grown uncertain in recent years as the country’s political leadership has changed.

In one of the more contentious approaches, public colleges in India must adhere to quotas for disadvantaged groups. Communities who do not benefit from the quotas have argued that they spur resentment and exacerbate divisions.

But India’s system is written into its constitution. It requires universities to set aside 22.5 percent of seats for lower castes, including Dalits, who have experienced less economic mobility than others. Today, nearly 50 percent of spots in India’s public higher education institutions are reserved for members of those groups. The quotas also apply to government jobs.