Hospitals in USA are big scam - lost father-in-law

bankris

1 minute ago, shaktimaan said:

I’m sorry for your loss @bankris. Did you talk to an attorney about this. Nothing will make up for it but I think you have material cause to sue the hospital chain. Please do so if you have the time and energy 

My wife wanted to go for it. But, my mother-in-law did not want to fight. She doesn't want money for the loss.. and for that, we have to agree to an autopsy (in fact, Hospital management themselves have asked us if we want to go for it, as we have a lot of complaints). but, uncle already suffered a lot in the last months before his death. We didn't want his body to be torn apart.. It's just our fate! Our mistake that we brought them here. 

1 minute ago, Googleyahoo said:

It is very unfortunate that people here are making such generalized statements about hospitals and healthcare here. I agree without proper insurance , it is expensive here . 

When someone experiences it, they will know the pain. Looking from far, everything looks green. 

2 minutes ago, Googleyahoo said:

I only said please don’t make generalized statements . What you experienced is really painful and sad . But making a generalized statement that the entire healthcare is the same , isn’t true . Between, my dad passed away 3 years ago in India due to medical negligence. I still will not make a statement that healthcare in Hyderabad is bad . There are still wonderful doctors everywhere. 

Truly agree anna! There are wonderful doctors in USA too. But, the laws, the insurance companies, and the hospitals tie their hands.. They can't do what they are really able to do!

7 hours ago, bankris said:

I tried to call the so-called TANA etc people with the numbers I found on the website.. but never heard back from anyone.. Even called some SEWA organizations. It happened on Friday.. We were in shock.. we didn't know what to do next.. have spent massive amounts already.. Found a crematorium in a nearby big city and called a priest from that city's temple and got all final rites done.. tried to call many friends.. but not much people attended.. 

Life Lessons - Deal with situations yourself.. do not expect help from anyone. If you get help, be happy else.. no regrets. be prepared to deal yourself the situations.. 

My father-in-law had a massive number of friends in India. But, he went alone in this foreign land.. The only respite is that his both grandchildren are with him during his last minutes.. 

I alone know how much we struggled in the last few months.. Lots of money gone.. no peace.. anger on doctors.. hospitals.. frustration.. helplessness.. and not to mention guilt..that we couldn't save him.. 

sue that muthafucking hospital dude. Donga lannajakodukul.

22 minutes ago, Googleyahoo said:

It is very unfortunate that people here are making such generalized statements about hospitals and healthcare here. I agree without proper insurance , it is expensive here . 

:giggle:
r u working in medical domain. Don’t worry bro, aa industry/field/sector motham scam ani thelisina evadu em peekindi ledu, emi kaadu aa field ki, be cool.

30 minutes ago, bankris said:

My wife wanted to go for it. But, my mother-in-law did not want to fight. She doesn't want money for the loss.. and for that, we have to agree to an autopsy (in fact, Hospital management themselves have asked us if we want to go for it, as we have a lot of complaints). but, uncle already suffered a lot in the last months before his death. We didn't want his body to be torn apart.. It's just our fate! Our mistake that we brought them here. 

I understand your pain. Hope your family finds peace from this. 

I hope this helps others when in a similar situation. Don’t pay any bills for your parents hospital visits here, no court can come after you for someone else’s medical bills. If the system is messed up you should play along with it. 

There are some idiots in this thread and other one who think we should be lucky and privileged to enjoy the fcuked up medical system in this country. They will not know the pain unless their family member gets affected by it. Their idea is if you’re making good money you should suck up and pay whatever the industry is demanding. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bankris said:

Anna we are still getting bills from hospitals.. ICU's doctors offices.. different labs.. Some even went to collection agencies.. to some we informed that he passed away.. So, they started sending from different types of collection agencies that deal with the estate of deceased person. Luckily he is Indian citizen, so they can't do anything.. 

He was very intelligent man,,, he never allowed us to sign any documents in hospitals and he signed himself.. 

We have to see how long they will harass us with all these billls. But, my wife says, she is not going to pay a dime..

vinataniki risky gane undi.. ila unpaid ga vadilesi makem sambandam ledu ante parledantava bro giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bankris said:

Sir, I live in a small town and we do have only one big hospital. The next big hospital is like 75 miles away. Logistically, it was impossible for us to admit him in such a distance for me to hand a toddler, and infant baby, and a healing wife. Plus, we were trusting the hospital and the doctors.. We know the reality aftermath.. not before hand.

nuvekkano remote area la undi whole hospitals scams ante etla vaa….

15 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Wan Guo Zhi Acupuncture Clinic
11740 San Pablo Ave Ste A El Cerrito, CA 94530

Husband and wife run this clinic. wife is expert in pregnancy and Husband is an expert in all others. I think they both are in clinic only on 1-2 days. Go when both are there as husband does not speak good english. Wife speaks better. Husband also teaches at Acupuncture university in SFO. Hes the master with needles.

Even if some one does not live anywhere near this, look into Acupuncture clinics near you. Some of these are covered under your medical plans as well or get some discount. Look for reviews on yelp and ignore comments on their ability to speak english. 

30 minutes ago, Parankusam said:

vinataniki risky gane undi.. ila unpaid ga vadilesi makem sambandam ledu ante parledantava bro giphy.gif

Same situation, my friend did not pay a dime. Em chestam baa, maree $300,000 bills kattalem kadaa.

Another situation friends mom-in-law fainted and 911 was called. They took her to a hospital who did a few tests and confirmed she just got "Chakkar" coz of low BP. They were sent a bill of $20,000. She was an outpatient.

After a couple of days, he took her to a regular doctor who charge like $100 per visit (Anni areas lo untaaru) did same tests as hospital and charged $250 for them. In hospital bill these tests were like $15,000 plus.

• Sad 1