Hospitals in USA are big scam - lost father-in-law

bankris

7 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Even if some one does not live anywhere near this, look into Acupuncture clinics near you. Some of these are covered under your medical plans as well or get some discount. Look for reviews on yelp and ignore comments on their ability to speak english. 

acupuncturist near me is thella doctor only so engli piece no issue

1 hour ago, shaktimaan said:

I understand your pain. Hope your family finds peace from this. 

I hope this helps others when in a similar situation. Don’t pay any bills for your parents hospital visits here, no court can come after you for someone else’s medical bills. If the system is messed up you should play along with it. 

There are some idiots in this thread and other one who think we should be lucky and privileged to enjoy the fcuked up medical system in this country. They will not know the pain unless their family member gets affected by it. Their idea is if you’re making good money you should suck up and pay whatever the industry is demanding. 

mari 10geyachu ga ..endukunnar ikada ..adi cheyyaru..

If there is health issue, go to india.  You won’t get any help here. Just for satisfaction and temporary relief they treat you.  India is best for it. I am not sure usa ni big country ani enduku antaru when health care is such a worst scam.  Asalu doctors kooda basic knowledge tho untaru and analysis is worst

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, surfroshan said:

acupuncturist near me is thella doctor only so engli piece no issue

Try a chinese doctor. They are super knowledgeable and their techniques are unmatched. 

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

Try a chinese doctor. They are super knowledgeable and their techniques are unmatched. 

nah the best doc near me is white

1 minute ago, Konebhar6 said:

asians dont often have the best customer service in most fields

51 minutes ago, pandugadu999 said:

nuvekkano remote area la undi whole hospitals scams ante etla vaa….

Peace bhayya! Hope no one faces this kinda of situation!

15 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

I am sorry for your loss , but what you spilled out is shitty statements and unfair practices. 

1. You said your FIL would have survived if in India , how can you say that ??  Ikkada bathakani vallu INdia lo bathukuthara ?? 

2. Lot of negligence ?? Do you know was there negligence , why didn’t you go for autopsy and have a medical lawyer review your case and file a lawsuit against the hospital ? 

3. You are happy you didn’t have to pay the fees for the service your family received , don’t you feel you robbed of the hours that so many health care workers spend caring your family. 

4. Transporting a sick person , do you think it is a joke to transport sick people in airplane ?? Who could have emergency any time ? 

5. I read a lot about AI does it make me an expert in AI , does reading about medicines make your FIL an expert to take his word for granted ?? 

Unfortunately I don’t have any sympathy on you 

This! 👏

37 minutes ago, pandugadu999 said:

mari 10geyachu ga ..endukunnar ikada ..adi cheyyaru..

Peace bhayya! Just step into my shoes and analyze yourself! I hope no one faces this kind of situation!

29 minutes ago, TechSri said:

If there is health issue, go to india.  You won’t get any help here. Just for satisfaction and temporary relief they treat you.  India is best for it. I am not sure usa ni big country ani enduku antaru when health care is such a worst scam.  Asalu doctors kooda basic knowledge tho untaru and analysis is worst

On what basis is this called rich country! Homeless people all over the country! they can't help their own veterans who served their country! Mental health issues! Hospital system is bad!

29 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

I am sorry for your loss , but what you spilled out is shitty statements and unfair practices. 

1. You said your FIL would have survived if in India , how can you say that ??  Ikkada bathakani vallu INdia lo bathukuthara ?? 

2. Lot of negligence ?? Do you know was there negligence , why didn’t you go for autopsy and have a medical lawyer review your case and file a lawsuit against the hospital ? 

3. You are happy you didn’t have to pay the fees for the service your family received , don’t you feel you robbed of the hours that so many health care workers spend caring your family. 

4. Transporting a sick person , do you think it is a joke to transport sick people in airplane ?? Who could have emergency any time ? 

5. I read a lot about AI does it make me an expert in AI , does reading about medicines make your FIL an expert to take his word for granted ?? 

Peace bhayya! you don't have to agree with all that I say! I hope no one else faces this situation! 

Some things we will accept only when we experience them! 

Medical transportation is a new concept for us, as Indians! But that's a very common thing for Americans.. A lot of citizens get transported from other countries to the USA. It's just that we didn't know about that until recently. And they just don't transport them without proper preparation! Lots of assessments are done before a decision is made by them! They are not a commercial transport company. 

Negligence undo ledo maaku telusu, we have faced and experienced it! Virtual ga yekkado kurchoni how can you speculate on it? Anyway, you have given your opinion! I'll not dismiss it! You have every right to speak whatever you want!

And, by the way, I didn't post this for sympathies, as I said earlier! I posted it for awareness! Atleast people will not blindly trust the hospitals and doctors in here. 

My extended family members have been in USA since 1993. We all have seen so many medical flop cases in USA. We have some relatives working and retired in NIMS.. famous cardio vascular surgeons. Do you know why they all left USA and settled in India? They are gold medalists from world's best institutes! There is a medical mafia in USA. Doctors do not have autonomy in making decisions!

52 minutes ago, iddaritho said:

For your point # 3, how did you assume that I robbed the hours of health care workers? Did You presume that I didn't pay to the hospitals? We paid more than $10,000 hard cash! 

While the hospitals are charging $10 for a single pill of Tylenol, don't you think they are robbing the patients? Do you know how much does it cost for a Tylenol pill? you get 50-60 bills box for $5 in Walmart. So, Hospitals can sell the same for $600? Isn't that called robbing? 

For a simple X-ray, hospitals charge more than $800m, while a lab outside the hospital charged us $60 for the same. Aren't the hospitals robbers?

For your point #5, nowhere I mentioned he is an expert at AI or medicine. All I said was even at that age, he is enthusiastic about learning the latest technological transformations going on in the world. And he has a very good knowledge on the medicines and how our system works. That doesn't make him expert 

No wonder why my dad doesn't want to come to us. Ikkada chusukovadaniki intha mandi unnaru akkada emi levu antadu.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for your loss.. i dont generalise but i agree with you to an extent.. Doctors here (infact in india also) follow medical guidelines which was pretty much crafted by a system of pharma, insurance lobby..

One example in these lines , My mom diagnosed with BIRAD level 3 when in usa, Bispsy also confirmed the same, doctors here suggested ( I would say no option) to go for mastectomy.. We are scared to death, went back to india .. visited tata memorial.. a known doctor clearly said mastectomy is popular in usa medical because insurance dictates it, we went for further Biopsy and after detailed checks it was nothing but atypical, 10 years still healthy with no signs of reoccurrence Had we opted for mastectomy, we would have compromised my mom's  quality life style.. 

FYI - In india it is much worse now.. we cannot blame doctors as they are dictated by pharma and insurance lobby. Most of the doctors doesn't even know the root causes of patients issues, they simply go by diagnosis methods dictated to them.

watch videos by padma vibhushan dr. B.m.hegde

• Upvote 2