Hospitals in USA are big scam - lost father-in-law

bankris

6 hours ago, shaktimaan said:

I understand your pain. Hope your family finds peace from this. 

I hope this helps others when in a similar situation. Don’t pay any bills for your parents hospital visits here, no court can come after you for someone else’s medical bills. If the system is messed up you should play along with it. 

There are some idiots in this thread and other one who think we should be lucky and privileged to enjoy the fcuked up medical system in this country. They will not know the pain unless their family member gets affected by it. Their idea is if you’re making good money you should suck up and pay whatever the industry is demanding. 

Do you think they are robbed … silly fella they will get money from hospital charities .. most of the hospitals will have charities from rich people and other local help .. tehy will clear it up .. if you are student on f1 visa and your health insurance doesnot cover drive hole miney .. yiu can ask hospital about money from charity .. they will help 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, bankris said:

For your point # 3, how did you assume that I robbed the hours of health care workers? Did You presume that I didn't pay to the hospitals? We paid more than $10,000 hard cash! 

While the hospitals are charging $10 for a single pill of Tylenol, don't you think they are robbing the patients? Do you know how much does it cost for a Tylenol pill? you get 50-60 bills box for $5 in Walmart. So, Hospitals can sell the same for $600? Isn't that called robbing? 

For a simple X-ray, hospitals charge more than $800m, while a lab outside the hospital charged us $60 for the same. Aren't the hospitals robbers?

For your point #5, nowhere I mentioned he is an expert at AI or medicine. All I said was even at that age, he is enthusiastic about learning the latest technological transformations going on in the world. And he has a very good knowledge on the medicines and how our system works. That doesn't make him expert 

Buddy , be glad that they treated you even before you paid a penny , In INdia you would have to start paying before you get even a single medicine or doctor put hands on you. 

Also , your salary is higher compared to India , so are the expenses accept it. 

Also you could have taken FMLA for your new born and family care and didn’t have to worry about work for few weeks. 

you want to save money , you want to not pay any money to to the hospital and you still blame them for treating you. 

if you really think they messed up , go to court and you could win millions in compensation 

other wise no point for your rant

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Problem is not with doctors, but with system and hospitals. If you go to a doctor at a hospital, they ask a series of questions and enter the data in their computer, Computer shows the diagnosis and they just follow that. They may have a clue on what it could be other than diagnosis, but they don't tell, as they are scared of patient suing/legal battles. Adi problem. American medical system is based on prevention. Americans go regularly to doctor and when they get to a certain age and change in vitals, they put you on medication. That's one of the reason why they live longer.

However, in India we only go to a doctor if there is a serious problem. We are always in reactive mode. 

In general facilities and surgeon's are good in America. General doctors and troubleshooting and cost of medication is cheaper in India. 

I trust India anytime compared to USA. Also getting an appointment in India is easy (esp if you are willing to spend) or you have many options for hospitals/doctors where as its diff to get an appointment in USA. Everything takes time. 

Exactly there is a certain process here and lot is also data driven based on patient history. Ma fil ki edo issue vachi velthe doctor could not diagnose without history. At certain age it's not possible to say what the issue is without knowing medical history. Ekkadina inthe doctors emi magicians kadu. There can be 100 different possibilities for a fever in old age. In this TS case if the doctor had known he had chickenpox before may be he could have diagnosed shingles earlier? Chicken pox is relatively rare in USA than India so a Indian doctor could have identified it better. Anthenduku if you get malaria in USA you won't even find medicine or doctor would not even find it. So a lot of variables to judge on single thing. My brother had a heart condition which was found through yearly visits and was fixed, India lo how many do yearly visits? 

If parents get something it's always better to go to India that is for sure.

5 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

Exactly there is a certain process here and lot is also data driven based on patient history. Ma fil ki edo issue vachi velthe doctor could not diagnose without history. At certain age it's not possible to say what the issue is without knowing medical history. Ekkadina inthe doctors emi magicians kadu. There can be 100 different possibilities for a fever in old age. In this TS case if the doctor had known he had chickenpox before may be he could have diagnosed shingles earlier? Chicken pox is relatively rare in USA than India so a Indian doctor could have identified it better. Anthenduku if you get malaria in USA you won't even find medicine or doctor would not even find it. So a lot of variables to judge on single thing. My brother had a heart condition which was found through yearly visits and was fixed, India lo how many do yearly visits

If parents get something it's always better to go to India that is for sure.

Adee basic difference, Americans are proactive and we are reactive. Most Americans with proper insurance have scheduled visits to doctors even when they have no issues. 

I know many indian's in USA who never go to a doctor even for yearly checkup's. When asked they give these reasons 1) no problems, why visit 2) I am worried if something comes up in  results 3) I will do diet for some days and then go. I know my results will be higher now.

So for us, India works better. 

2 hours ago, argadorn said:

Yeah at what expense .. if a hospital or doctor  is not solving your problem then why we are going to same hospital adhi kuda usa lo .. Emergency lo chala hospitals theskuntayi I feel you don’t have enough friends in usa then why didn’t you post your problem in any forums they would have advised .. I feel in this case we didn’t take him properly to the hospital as we don’t have proper insurance and money for the hospitals … 

Money was not a problem! me and my wife are earning enough to take care.. and Money is nothing for us if it gives us back uncles health!

2 hours ago, Rushabhi said:

You could sue them. Naaku kooda medical negligence valla serious ayyindi. ICU lo pettaaru but tests emi cheyyamu annaru. Asalu ICU lo petti Em peekuthunnaru and mee negligence valla ila ayyindi meeru full body tests anni cheyyakapothe sue chestham ani family members bediristhe anni tests chesaaru. 

I  wish I were as aggressive as you are! I was respecting the doctors and trusting them!

12 minutes ago, bankris said:

Money was not a problem! me and my wife are earning enough to take care.. and Money is nothing for us if it gives us back uncles health!

then why didnt you take him to the city while a caretaker cud take care of your wifey and kiddos

1 hour ago, iddaritho said:

Buddy , be glad that they treated you even before you paid a penny , In INdia you would have to start paying before you get even a single medicine or doctor put hands on you. 

Also , your salary is higher compared to India , so are the expenses accept it. 

Also you could have taken FMLA for your new born and family care and didn’t have to worry about work for few weeks. 

you want to save money , you want to not pay any money to to the hospital and you still blame them for treating you. 

if you really think they messed up , go to court and you could win millions in compensation 

other wise no point for your rant

okay.. enough of you dude! I've been respectful of your nonsense so far! First of all, I'm not ranting here! I'm only putting up my experiences so that others will be cognitive of how things work here in the USA. 

Damn Money! I and My wife never care about money when it comes to convenience! Who wants millions man? I've been in the USA since 2009. I have enough saved for myself and my kids! Enough investments to take care of my family for the next decade or even more!

As I said, everything will be cool for you until you experience this! 

I think people like you don't have compassion! Not sure what your situation is. But, try to be compassionate to others! I can't say any more bad words and spoil your day, just like how you are doing to others!

If I were to rant, I would have done it when my uncle passed away back in the month of May. I just brought this up now because I saw someone else posted about their experience in the emergency room!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, surfroshan said:

then why didnt you take him to the city while a caretaker cud take care of your wifey and kiddos

Sir, no point in questioning me and harassing me just to prove me that I'm wrong. Please be compassionate to others' situations! We have tried all possibilities and tried to get every possible help. Be it paid or unpaid.. Situations didn't favour us! That's all I can say!

As I said to the other person, one can't understand it until it happens to us! Touchwood, you should never be in such a situation! Money can't buy everything!

1 hour ago, bankris said:

okay.. enough of you dude! I've been respectful of your nonsense so far! First of all, I'm not ranting here! I'm only putting up my experiences so that others will be cognitive of how things work here in the USA. 

Damn Money! I and My wife never care about money when it comes to convenience! Who wants millions man? I've been in the USA since 2009. I have enough saved for myself and my kids! Enough investments to take care of my family for the next decade or even more!

As I said, everything will be cool for you until you experience this! 

I think people like you don't have compassion! Not sure what your situation is. But, try to be compassionate to others! I can't say any more bad words and spoil your day, just like how you are doing to others!

If I were to rant, I would have done it when my uncle passed away back in the month of May. I just brought this up now because I saw someone else posted about their experience in the emergency room!

Nuvve anavu man .. toddler ni chusukovali ani in this situations hard to do this ani .. daycare ki toddler ni pampinchali baby ni 6 months nunchi daycare lo pampinchachu .. money kavali and we spent enough money anavu .. software engineer ki India lo 40 lakhs estahru usa 1c  estahru average ga .. so money kuda alaney untadhi do you know all old people in usa will save money for funeral funeral insurance untundhi ani …

you want to show in your post is hospitals didnt treat your FIL properly ah part agreed and you should sue them 

what others want to say is what ever your approach is wrong and have lack of knowledge in hospitals and was not quick enough to realize the real problem is that even though your FIL health is deteriorating  and your friends didn’t step in whenever  you needed by giving valuable suggestions .. by seeing your post people should not do what you did to your FIL 

Sir, no point in questioning me and harassing me just to prove me that I'm wrong. Please be compassionate to others' situations! We have tried all possibilities and tried to get every possible help. Be it paid or unpaid.. Situations didn't favour us! That's all I can say!

As I said to the other person, one can't understand it until it happens to us! Touchwood, you should never be in such a situation! Money can't buy everything!

7 hours ago, pandugadu999 said:

mari 10geyachu ga ..endukunnar ikada ..adi cheyyaru..

endi ra me lolli paagal lanjodkulu

if you nothing to contribute gtfo this thread 

Sorry about your loss.

You didn’t mention what exactly your FID suffered from except some vague info. US health system might be expensive but I can definitely say it’s better than Indian health system. For sure your FIL has some serious condition. It doesn’t matter how fit one person is if they develop acute illness.