Index Funds

JANASENA

4 minutes ago, sarvayogi said:

regular stocks : cooking everything by yourself for friends get together...either super hit avacchu or utter flop avacchu...saava mingu taaru guests if bad food..so risk is there

index funds : each person gets one item for potluck..so okati flop aina inkoti baguntadi..like bhendi fry lo too much oil and very nice gulab jamun sweet

so index funds safe bet as risk is distributed rather than you taking entire risk

Ty

On 8/2/2023 at 7:18 AM, JANASENA said:

Ninna reels choosthunte oka thatha TD ameritrade account open chesi invest $100 or 200 whatever you can into index funds antunde. it will give you good returns antunde.

I have TD Ameritrade account. can anyone pls let me know if the above statement is true and also what are index funds? 

Thank you all in advance.

There are a lot of good investment options suggested by many. I vouch for Vanguard funds. 

To add to others point of view, you are building a nest. Just keep buying every month, same amount and with in no time, 5 to 10 yrs down the lane, you will have a big amount. Both your amount as well as profits. If you do $1000/month, in 10 yrs you will have $165k considering 7% average yearly returns.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

There are a lot of good investment options suggested by many. I vouch for Vanguard funds. 

To add to others point of view, you are building a nest. Just keep buying every month, same amount and with in no time, 5 to 10 yrs down the lane, you will have a big amount. Both your amount as well as profits. If you do $1000/month, in 10 yrs you will have $165k considering 7% average yearly returns.

Ty! any particular ones you suggest in vangaurd?

9 minutes ago, JANASENA said:

Ty! any particular ones you suggest in vangaurd?

VHCIX. We haven't seen a health care/pharma rally in recent years. We are due for one. But I would divert $1000 into 4/5 funds. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Konebhar6 said:

VHCIX. We haven't seen a health care/pharma rally in recent years. We are due for one. But I would divert $1000 into 4/5 funds. 

Got it thanks bro