Can we hide posts from specific people in this db?

Thokkalee

13 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

Not this DB ..almost the entire youth culture has been ruined in India.

Most People are all about guessing someone castes or politics or something else and then deciding whether to believe them or not. If not then making troll posts. It is very difficult to have a reasonable discussion on any topic.

Ofcourse some people make it even worse.

I'm the most reasonable poster in this db. I become a troll, only when the other guy starts abusing/trolling me.

so before preaching to the choir, look at your own arguments and how unhinged you get when you are challenged, accusing others of everything under the sun.

I'm so reasonable that it scares a lot of people to get into a discussion with me here, that they would be exposed as bumbling idiots that they are.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

Troll nature has improved in everyone... thanks to social media meme culture....

Even political parties are heavily relying on this instead of their policies and ideology..  

It's all troll and giving counter and get reactions.   

It was always there if you ask me.  Yes the internet technology amplified it. Its a badly broken low trust society.

Most things are decided not based on what you support or like or trust but what you hate more and dislike more or distrust more.

3 minutes ago, Thokkalee said:

You might be an expert in your area and I don’t expect you to post everything here.. but something like lk99 is an exciting and new thing to learn for anyone who has even an ounce of interest in science and technology ..

any new inventions or discoveries are just getting drowned in the news cycle..  where as a guy who almost caused a stampede or something about some idiot becomes more popular and consume a week of news than something that is useful to the society or someone in general.. 

knowledge sharing or discussing ideas is becoming a thing of past

even i was surprised.. and had a running bet with the person that gave me this id about how long it would take for this news to appear in this db.

twitter was full of replication discussions for the past 2 weeks, and I thought someone who was active on twitter would stumble on to it and post it here.

but looks like twitter groups live in their own silos, discussing stuff that they like, rarely venturing out into general discussions outside of politics.

1 minute ago, Tryad said:

even i was surprised.. and had a running bet with the person that gave me this id about how long it would take for this news to appear in this db.

twitter was full of replication discussions for the past 2 weeks, and I thought someone who was active on twitter would stumble on to it and post it here.

but looks like twitter groups live in their own silos, discussing stuff that they like, rarely venturing out into general discussions outside of politics.

I had some hopes on Twitter but now lost it.. so stopped using Twitter now.. no Facebook or Instagram either.. my only news source is google news and that is also not so good these days as the media coverage decides what gets focused and what doesn’t... 

Just now, Thokkalee said:

I had some hopes on Twitter but now lost it.. so stopped using Twitter now.. no Facebook or Instagram either.. my only news source is google news and that is also not so good these days as the media coverage decides what gets focused and what doesn’t... 

try hackernews.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thokkalee said:

Nuv post cheyyi anna… there are so many  ppl in this db that would love to learn new things… at least new term kanipisthe, google chesi telsukunevallu chala mandi unnaru kadaa.. 

ori nee patheeth veshalo...oka range lo vesthunnavuga. one man "clean army" laga.

45 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

It was always there if you ask me.  Yes the internet technology amplified it. Its a badly broken low trust society.

Most things are decided not based on what you support or like or trust but what you hate more and dislike more or distrust more.

low trust society is a good thing. high trust societies run the risk of extreme tribalism with smaller groups having high standards of in-group conformity.

its better if people take care of themselves, work on their projects and share life and work with people they choose..

instead of obsessing over language, religion, caste, gender (current anti-trans hysteria) etc. cry about someone getting a freebie, when it just means increase in market size for specific goods that you can tap into, if you'd like. etc.

long lasting friendships can indeed be formed in such low trust societies. and the future is hopefully moving towards it. inspite of the horrible journey we have to make to get there.

so much stuff to do.. people are still stuck in first base, arguing meaningless things that can yield power to their group temporarily. In the long run, everyone is fcuked anyway.

7 hours ago, Tryad said:

low trust society is a good thing. high trust societies run the risk of extreme tribalism with smaller groups having high standards of in-group conformity.

its better if people take care of themselves, work on their projects and share life and work with people they choose..

instead of obsessing over language, religion, caste, gender (current anti-trans hysteria) etc. cry about someone getting a freebie, when it just means increase in market size for specific goods that you can tap into, if you'd like. etc.

long lasting friendships can indeed be formed in such low trust societies. and the future is hopefully moving towards it. inspite of the horrible journey we have to make to get there.

so much stuff to do.. people are still stuck in first base, arguing meaningless things that can yield power to their group temporarily. In the long run, everyone is fcuked anyway.

you obviously dont know what low trust society means.

17 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

you obviously dont know what low trust society means.

I do. what you describe is not a low trust society, unless your social unit is the linguistic group.

there are much tighter social units - caste, and what you see is these high trust societies organized under the basis of caste fighting with each other for their place at the top.

the ideal moral unit of society is the individual. Not any group.

thank god, you don't actually believe what you say, and are smart enough to continue living in the US. because the consequences for following up on your deluded fantasy is a life of misery for you, being stuck with caste supremacists, in a very high trust society, that is designed to choke the life out of you.

Telugu stanning won't save you.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tryad said:

you are in a troll db. and you expect reasonable discussions. its kinda funny.

I'd go even further to say that even though you are probably not abusive, you have no idea how to have a reasonable discussion too. So learn to live with the kind of people you've forced yourself into.

or form a backslapping club on twitter/bsky with some of your fav db members and you can follow each other and say things to each other that all of you agree with. It'll be amazing to be in the comfort of the familiar.

twitter Id ento chepte life istam