Telugu Cinemalu

hyperbole

1 hour ago, Allasaani_Peddana said:

Kerala is a commie state and hence the movies are agenda driven.  People expecting to see "slice of life" movies are nothing but snobs.

that's why I said majority of Malayalam movies are smug about the awesomeness of their society. Except movies made by Lijo Jose. plus some others who make fantastic movies like Thankam.

I think he's the best director in Indian cinema at the moment. Don't think that kind of director will come from Telugu films in the near future. And I'm not interested in watching Arjun Reddy type movies. or even Pushpa, even though they are probably decent watch if I was under 25yrs.

I expected a better crop of flimmakers after TG formation. I'm a little disappointed that the best Telugu could do was Arjun Reddy.

its okay being a snob about movies. We don't have to watch crap and like it just to feel part of the crowd.

End of the day most movies fail. There is no exception. The amount of garbage Hollywood spewed out the last two decades is unbelievable. All the fast and furious nonsense, same old super hero garbage and the usual tropes of feminism.

I don't focus on garbage.. I compare the best Telugu offers with the best Malayalam offers, and its not even a contest. Hollywood is easily the greatest film industry still. again lets not focus on the crap it makes, compared to the absolutely amazing sci fi movies that it churns out regularly. Even an average A24 productions movie would beat most other industry's best movies by a mile.

Its not just confined to movies.. take for eg tv series. I bet you can't find a better star wars live action series that also doubles up as an amazing political thriller such as Andor. No other industry could make this. So I just avoid all the avengers crap and focus on the sweet goodness from hollywood and there are plenty.

Arjun Reddy is a classic. It explored the ugly and vile nature of human behavior.  Usually one of them is redeemable because of the circumstances. Here both the lead actors were not. I think modern audience are brainwashed by upper class woke puke snob reviewers. A man should approach a Woman in certain way or else it is "misogynistic" . This led to modern movies being superficial where all the male lead actors act feminine. Women are shown as angel who doesn't fart. There is a "surprise" birthday scene with balloons which audience can see it a mile away then there is going on dates scene and then there is a "proposal" scene. All fake, boring but pretending to be modern. Example Hit2. The amount of woke dialogues is cringy and preachy. All upper class elitist pretenders. One more famous trope is Woman is a police officer who had to deal with a Women hating male superior.

Arjun Reddy is boring to me. I couldn't sit through it. It is as boring and fake as the pretentious Hit2 scenes you mention. I was expecting someone to kill Arjun Reddy and dump his body near some railway tracks by 15mins into the movie. It is simply a ridiculous take on human behaviour. The character is disgusting, and the way it was promoted and received by everyone left a bad taste in the mouth.

so pointing to wokes is not good enough. Arjun Reddy was in fact promoted as the cool guy. Its natural to expect that backlash.

2 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Especially the movies made in the last decade are simply templates of early 2000s, same rotta format stuck especially the senior heros, when was the last time you were super thrilled for a movie or after waiting watching one?

Balayaa - son - father -double action- faction back drop 

Chiru - impersonation of  Chiru from 1990s, stuck with rotta villan and a bawarse batch as his followers, okka rendu remix veena steps 

Pavan - Kushi was his last movie rest all are either copies of his prior work or copied from other languages - elevations and chapri actions

Mahesh Babu - edo message undali types(you cannot differentiate one from the other)

NTR - He is someone who did a decent job when compared to his earlier stint and rotta movies.

Allu Arjun - He also was a decent entertainer, but same templated rotta

Ram Charan - veedu single expression tho lagukuntu vachestunnadu

Prabhas - stuck in bahaubali fevor and want to make everything in that scale but all the attempts have ended deeply disappointing.

IMO the only saving grace has been some small movies and OTT otherwise the senior actors have been hugely disappointing 

2 hours ago, Tryad said:

malayalam lo maatrame awesome movies teesthunnaru.. and may be Hindi lo konni. marathi antunnaru, but nenu choodale.

worth checking 10malayalam movies to find one great one. Telugu lo 1000 sample chesina dorakavu max oka 10 decent movies untaai.. not a single path breaking movie.

focus more on box office earnings. andukey rajamouli laantollu are considered as good directors in telugu.

After YouTube was started in 2004, after some 3 years, around 2007, I have created an invisible ID and started commenting on some issues...IN A DARK ROOM MAKING SURE NO BODY WATCHES ME ...

And I was thinking I am changing the world with my opinions and that I was on Top of the World, for over last 15 years.

After 15 years, gradually I learnt that even my pubes do not care whats going on in my mind.

1 minute ago, bharathicement said:

After YouTube was started in 2004, after some 3 years, around 2007, I have created an invisible ID and started commenting on some issues...IN A DARK ROOM MAKING SURE NO BODY WATCHES ME ...

And I was thinking I am changing the world with my opinions and that I was on Top of the World, for over last 15 years.

After 15 years, gradually I learnt that even my pubes do not care whats going on in my mind.

yeah, your pubes only care when you make smart ass comments about others smart ass comments. understood.

16 minutes ago, Tryad said:

I don't focus on garbage.. I compare the best Telugu offers with the best Malayalam offers, and its not even a contest.

Arjun Reddy is boring to me. I couldn't sit through it. It is as boring and fake as the pretentious Hit2 scenes you mention. I was expecting someone to kill Arjun Reddy and dump his body near some railway tracks by 15mins into the movie. It is simply a ridiculous take on human behaviour. The character is disgusting, and the way it was promoted and received by everyone left a bad taste in the mouth.

so pointing to wokes is not good enough. Arjun Reddy was in fact promoted as the cool guy. Its natural to expect that backlash.

Arjun Reddy remains a classic to me for a simple reason. Girls screw bad boys all the time. Some Women even married serial killers in jail. Our movies show Women as some angels descended from heaven with all the good qualities. There is two minute slow motion intro showing how beautiful she is. She will take time to help children to cross the streets 🙂 . AR flipped this. There was no dancing and duets. South Indian reviewers gave it a fair shake. some of the Bollywood snobs who live in butterfly world of cinema reviews did not even dare to review the movie in full. Not liking a movie is one thing and fair too but these wicked people went on to tell that the people who like the movie are a problem to the society. These elitists were found out on that day.  People groveling through life and living in ethical manner are called problem of the society because people like the the movie which these pretentious urban debonair snobs did not like the movie.

Bollywood is in a rut because of this reason. These reviewers have pigeonholed how a movie should be. Simping, strong independent woman, half of the conversation in English and all the usual tropes. It is no different to Telugu movies where there is a flashback scene and after interval the lead actors comes to Rayalaseema to avenge his losses. Chiranjeevi told in an interview that he will not attempt make a social movie after Rudraveena which is  arguably one of the best films in TFI. Who's to blame? It look Kamal Hassan 5 years to recover from the losses incurred from Amavasya Chandrudu. No Wonder established stars are scared to deviate from the norm. Their stock is too high to take any risks.

I did watch few Malayalam movies. They were good. I watched couple of Kannada movies and they were good too. End of the day there is no objective way to tell which movies are good and which are bad. To each their own I guess. Anyway it was nice discussing with you. Cheers.

• Upvote 1