6 years of Arjun Reddy

hyperbole

• hyperbole changed the title to 6 years of Arjun Reddy
1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

VD doesn’t blink an eye while the Director was narrating the scene 

https://x.com/imvangasandeep/status/1695111020468125698?s=61&t=Vmqh9neX_FIGq2W1J-t57A

This movie showed how realistic acting should be done in intense scenes.

C slaves like @JAMBALHOT_RAJA @BeechBoy spread so much negativity when it released as they knew potti Jr was no match to newbie VD in intense scenes

Shaking head and shouting is not called intense performance(potti Jr in Temper)

• Like 1

awesome editing for trailer, and music. good acting from VD.

pathetic writing. most overrated movie. director next movie will expose his lack of skills in writing.

his lack of exposure to actual people living actual lives, or to amazingly written fantasy fiction in general.

this guy is like the guy that made Vikram in Tamil. forgot his name. dammn..

lots of awesome stylistic choices, somewhat of a reasonable script lifted from somewhere, spoiled with meandering scenes where nothing actually happens to move the story.

lots of build up shots that add up to empty fury.

Kaithi is the best example of such style. but atleast it was mostly fun. Vikram was unwatchable after the first half.

ofcourse I haven't seen Arjun Reddy fullly.. coz I was bored within a few minutes.

yeah the director has a lot of interesting stylistic vision, but the scenes in Arjun Reddy (that I had the misfortune of watching on youtube) look like straight out of an 80s movie with more interesting camera angles, and music. nothing more.

6 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Many of these points register without conscious for many...

Even myself felt something unique and unusual but couldn't express it in words...

Irs a very stylish movie. nothing more.

similar feelings were expressed when Maniratnam's Mouna Ragam was released in early 80s.. which was just a rehash of another Tamil movie from the 70s , but with a more urbane sensibilities that no one had tapped into until Maniratnam burst into the scene.

this guy is also the same. He presented the movie in a way that seemed unique, but the movie itself is crap beneath all the shiny coat of paint.

the monologue in the trailer at the beginning is example of how pedestrian the writing is for the movie. The bgm is other worldly by the way.