Future of Tollywood

hyperbole

6 hours ago, hyperbole said:

Naku telsi this is the last batch of super heros or hero worshippers.

content leka pote Chiranjeevi ayina kosi kurchobedutaru ippati audience. 

90/2000’s directors andaru shed poyindru (like VV Vinayak, Puri, Surender Reddy, Srinivas Vytla etc.)

As per you which director will carry the torch forward in Tollywood?

My choice

Sukumar - Most talented director currently in TFI

Rajamouli - problem is he will make 1 movie every 3-5 years

Tharun Bascker - Talented but haven’t handled a mega budget movie yet, his movies have excellent camera work and color grading(check out his keeda cola trailer)

Sandeep Reddy - Might not make another direct Tollywood movie (all depends on how Animal goes)

Nag Ashwin - So far he proved his worth, polished and no nonsense film maker

Hanu Raghavapudi - Spellbound by Seeta Ramam

Sankalp Reddy - spellbound by Ghazi

Sujeeth - I used to love his work as short film maker, Sahoo was overwhelming for him but this guy is very talented 

keep sukku, raja mouli and discard all remaining, they are .

Krish and dev katta meedha hopes undevi, but not much matter these days.

ika andharu waste gaaallu

3 hours ago, halwa_fan said:

actually nag ashwin is very much overrated.. teesina single movieki chala leputunnaru vaadini.. even that single movie half of the credit goes to late savitri. 

You forgot Yevade Subramanyam. Mahanati is his second film. Yevade was decent.

Suku is as good as his team - Meaning he needs someone to induce a structure to his thoughts and movies. If the team has someone that can reign him in, will give a good product and if they are yes boys, the movies will be like 1-nenokkadine, which will be critically acclaimed, but will not appeal to everyone.

Prashant Varma is decent. Sandeep Vanga - reserving comments until after I watch Animal. Sankalp faltered on Antariksham and am yet to watch his IB71. Tarun Bhasker - I loved ENE, liked Pellichupulu. But, both are his own stories in a way. So, can he weave something that is not a part of his life, need to see. Keeda Cola is awaited. 

Venu - Let's see after his second movie. Nag Ashwin - Need to see Kalki to comment.

Tamil and Malayalam industries are producing better writers in the current generation. As someone already said, there are many more directors who read than in TFI. Whether it is Nelson or PA Ranjith or Vignesh Shivan or LK, most of them are very well read. I might not like all their films, but there is no doubt that they are more well versed with the language, literature and Cinema as a whole.

TFI is slowly getting better. let's hope for the best.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hyperbole said:

90/2000’s directors andaru shed poyindru (like VV Vinayak, Puri, Surender Reddy, Srinivas Vytla etc.)

My choice

Tharun Bascker - Talented but haven’t handled a mega budget movie yet, his movies have excellent camera work and color grading(check out his keeda cola trailer)

Sandeep Reddy - Might not make another direct Tollywood movie (all depends on how Animal goes)

Sujeeth - I used to love his work as short film maker, Sahoo was overwhelming for him but this guy is very talented 

Anna Guruji Trivikram gurinchi kuda oka 4 words rayalsindi....5gavml.gif

1 hour ago, halwa_fan said:

decent film anthe kada.. anduke overrated antunna.

Decent film with good shot division and excellent visuals. The sensibilities of the director show promise. So, he is in the category of to be watched out for. Overrated is too big a word and not to be used lightly imo. anyway, to each his own, i guess.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Sukumar - Good now and at peak. I dont see him making same level movies going forward.

Rajamouli - Can present grandeur very well. Knows pulse, but commercial routine movies. 

Nag ashwin - underrated. Will lead next wave of good directors.

Hanu - No way, Sita Ramam is a success of Nag's meddling.

Venu (Balagam) - Not sure. Showed his mettle with 1st movie. Need to see more. Can go either way

Sukumar is the most sensible director IMO and he handled a variety of subjects so far, also  none his movies are bad so far, even 1 nenu okkadine is much ahead of its times and one of the best telugu movie I have seen as far as the technicalities are concerned. 

Rajamouli except for a couple of movies you won’t enjoy rewatching his movies

10 hours ago, hyperbole said:

My choice

Sandeep Reddy, Nag Ashwin Reddy, Sankalp Reddy, Sujith Reddy.. Ilaa aite mem oppukom antunna Psycopk.. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, halwa_fan said:

actually nag ashwin is very much overrated.. teesina single movieki chala leputunnaru vaadini.. even that single movie half of the credit goes to late savitri. 

You forgot yevade Subramanyam. Has major role in success of Jathiratnalu and Sita Raman.

10 hours ago, Maggavale said:

Balagam evvalu ttesinre  @3$%  

Nuv pakka andronive le 

Venu-Yeldandi-comedian-director-750x375.

One movie wonder avvakunte chalu.. let him direct 1 or 2 movies and decide chedhham aadi future endho 

Telugu film industry is dead in 2015 only by 2028 no one will invest money it will become like karchiwood .

Only one person can take great concepts is Ravi teja he will  become one of the best producer s in india 

rest all trash 

16 minutes ago, Burgeronthehill said:

Telugu film industry is dead in 2015 only by 2028 no one will invest money it will become like karchiwood .

Only one person can take great concepts is Ravi teja he will  become one of the best producer s in india 

rest all trash 

Hi Ravi garu.. mee Venky movie chala baguntundhi.. all the bests for Tiger Nag

• Haha 1

Care of Kancharapalem director gurinchiii okkaduuu kuda why not talkin...???

basic ga manakiiii cinema knowledge thakuva...ee ebhogam badcoww laaa kosam time and paisal waste seyyadam is nonsense anipisthadhiii...Nannu 10ngakandiii...I rarely watch movies. 

10 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Care of Kancharapalem director gurinchiii okkaduuu kuda why not talkin...???

basic ga manakiiii cinema knowledge thakuva...ee ebhogam badcoww laaa kosam time and paisal waste seyyadam is nonsense anipisthadhiii...Nannu 10ngakandiii...I rarely watch movies. 

Aa movie good...aa taruvatha one remake movie Uma Maheshwara Ugrarupasya movie...taruvatha nunchi no sound..malla controversy comments made on KGF-2 movie...