Thoughts on Bangalore, Chennai, or Hyderabad?

venkappa

Has anyone visited or stayed in all 3 cities? Which one did you like the best?

• I didn’t like my visit in Chennai. Found parts of the city to be very dirty.
  • Hyderabad was alright, nothing special at the time. 
  • Bangalore was very nice when I visited. Of course it probably changed now 😆.

Capitals of their states. Centers of their state film industry. All have different histories but grew to become the 3 biggest cities in South India. 

I believe Chennai had head start due to Madras Presidency capital. So many factories and plants over there. 90s IT craze and 00s Karnataka govt policies led to Bangalore coming up. Now I think Hyderabad is currently rising to the top. 

They have different politics in their cities. 

• Chennai is DMK adda 
  • Hyderabad is Muslim party for some areas and other party candidates for the rest of the city.
  • Bangalore sticks with the same MLAs no matter the party

All worthless crap cities that are building their new 'burbs in ways where aesthetics are prioritised over functionality.

If you are forced to live, I'd pick Hyderabad as the better city to live in. But i won't love there, because I love Chennai. But I'll suggest hyd for others. 

Anytime chennai is the best city either 1900's or 2000's.....u can lead a day with 10/- parotta or can go to 2500/- lavish buffet....wealthiest, largest and safest city in south.....

4 hours ago, venkappa said:

Capitals of their states. Centers of their state film industry. All have different histories but grew to become the 3 biggest cities in South India. 

I believe Chennai had head start due to Madras Presidency capital. So many factories and plants over there. 90s IT craze and 00s Karnataka govt policies led to Bangalore coming up. Now I think Hyderabad is currently rising to the top. 

• Chennai is DMK adda 
  • Hyderabad is Muslim party for some areas and other party candidates for the rest of the city.

i worked in these 3 cities...from 2006 to 2013...

hyderabad is best among...

dont know how bangalore weather is now..but during 2007 when i was in bangalore varthur...it was awesome weather...

5 hours ago, venkappa said:

• Chennai is DMK adda 

None of these cities have infrastructure, amenities for growing population and vehicles. Hyd is decent but the quality of roads last few years have been bad. Only good thing they did in recent years is to lay down a lot of flyovers. But most roads are not great quality esp flyovers. 

Hyd weather used to be good a few years back. How many of you even know that there were a lot of grapes gardens around hyd before 2000? Weather got screwed with all urbanization and cutting down tress.

Bangalore was similar but even better weather compared to hyd. People had civic sense and driving sense and used to follow rules. But after 2000, With IT development a lot of telugus migrated there. They screwed real estate, traffic and civic sense and what not. Its not the same city anymore

I have been to chennai only once that too long back. 

I would still pick hyd as its home for me.

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

None of these cities have infrastructure, amenities for growing population and vehicles. Hyd is decent but the quality of roads last few years have been bad. Only good thing they did in recent years is to lay down a lot of flyovers. But most roads are not great quality esp flyovers. 

Hyd weather used to be good a few years back. How many of you even know that there were a lot of grapes gardens around hyd before 2000? Weather got screwed with all urbanization and cutting down tress.

Bangalore was similar but even better weather compared to hyd. People had civic sense and driving sense and used to follow rules. But after 2000, With IT development a lot of telugus migrated there. They screwed real estate, traffic and civic sense and what not. Its not the same city anymore

I have been to chennai only once that too long back. 

I would still pick hyd as its home for me.

How exactly did Telugus screw over Bangalore real estate and civic sense? I know Telugu families have settled in Bangalore loooooong before IT revolution. Usually they had Reddy surname but other castes present as well. Many Telugu people went to Bangalore to study because more colleges there. 

I heard story about how Seema factionists escape to Bangalore to hide from enemies. Is that what you are talking about?

Bangalore and Hyderabad are India’s new economic powerhouses where as Chennai is an established regional economic center. Not fair to compare as each city has its own demographics. 

In between these three cities, there is almost 5-6 Crs population and together, these three cities can churn out massive economic output. 

And then there is Amaravati…Ahem..! 

1 hour ago, venkappa said:

How exactly did Telugus screw over Bangalore real estate and civic sense? I know Telugu families have settled in Bangalore loooooong before IT revolution. Usually they had Reddy surname but other castes present as well. Many Telugu people went to Bangalore to study because more colleges there. 

I heard story about how Seema factionists escape to Bangalore to hide from enemies. Is that what you are talking about?

I visited Blr many times over years. I used to see very good traffic sense and the city was clean. At traffic signal, people would stop behind other vehicles and never saw traffic congestions because of people driving in diff directions. It all changed with IT and lots of teluguites moving there. Lots of telugu real estate brokers and cheating people. Its true there are a lot of telugu ppl before but its the new ppl in search of opportunities who brought the change. 

Also I think the city growing could have contributed a lot. But I have a lot of friends in blr and used to visit frequently. Just my observation and discussions with people around. Some of my friends got cheated by telugu real estate brokers.

Hyderabad is the best among these three when it comes to infrastructure and food. Traffic is much better compared to Bangalore. Future looks very good for Hyderabad.

Bangalore used to be very good weather wise and traffic wise but now it a big mess. 

Chennai is a old regional center, all growth is concentrated in Bangalore and Hyderabad now a days.,

7 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

I visited Blr many times over years. I used to see very good traffic sense and the city was clean. At traffic signal, people would stop behind other vehicles and never saw traffic congestions because of people driving in diff directions. It all changed with IT and lots of teluguites moving there. Lots of telugu real estate brokers and cheating people. Its true there are a lot of telugu ppl before but its the new ppl in search of opportunities who brought the change. 

Also I think the city growing could have contributed a lot. But I have a lot of friends in blr and used to visit frequently. Just my observation and discussions with people around. Some of my friends got cheated by telugu real estate brokers.

Lots of Reddys own prime real estate in Bangalore. They constitute good chunk of landlord population. Our Zaganna has a palace in Yelahanka, I believe.