Spouse working as doctor?

Tellugodu

17 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Anyone who’s spouse working/in residency/fellowship as doctor in US ? how is the lifestyle for you both ? Income  and things to consider? 

I know a friend. vaadi life athala kuthalam. Kids unte doctor wife can't take care. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Anyone who’s spouse working/in residency/fellowship as doctor in US ? how is the lifestyle for you both ? Income  and things to consider? 

working hours are crazy during residency...little better during fellowship...

Income emi radu peddaga during residency/fellowship....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tellugodu said:

Enjoy the wealth from your doctor spouse. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tellugodu said:

My wife's cousin and wife are doctors in UK. Great income. Good lifestyle and they take care of kids. Kani scheduling problems vastuntai (picking up kids, dropping them for activities, etc) when kids are young. But understand each other's work and pressures well. Overall not bad.

They cannot take vacations together. It takes a lot of co-ordination and if kids are going to middle/high school, its almost impossible as summer/christmas is the only time that works and these guys are busy that time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ANNA_PLEASE_PETTU said:

I know a couple idaru 2 chethhla sampadisthunaru 

Husband working IT but living mega life style 

Wife doctor gyncalogist so unlimited money and they living every day life Like a dream.

Kids koda full chaduvutharu. So all family full happy with money always.

#me too antunna future anna @3$%

iser_n.gif

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

My wife's cousin and wife are doctors in UK. Great income. Good lifestyle and they take care of kids. Kani scheduling problems vastuntai (picking up kids, dropping them for activities, etc) when kids are young. But understand each other's work and pressures well. Overall not bad.

They cannot take vacations together. It takes a lot of co-ordination and if kids are going to middle/high school, its almost impossible as summer/christmas is the only time that works and these guys are busy that time.

Okka partner WFH aythe , life goes well. 

1 minute ago, Tellugodu said:

Okka partner WFH aythe , life goes well. 

I met them before covid. Appudu aa options levu kada. I think doctors are WFH 1-2 days a week in US anukunta. As hospitals are recommending virtual calls to patients for non-critical stuff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Konebhar6 said:

What kind of doctor are they? I know some specializations are lifestyle friendly but less salary.

4 hours ago, Tellugodu said:

Be prepared to compromise in lot of areas if you are marrying a doctor.. kids, family, money, home maintenance, vacations, etc.. it also depends on the specialization.. pediatrician or general physician aithe life konchem parledu.. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, venkappa said:

What kind of doctor are they? I know some specializations are lifestyle friendly but less salary.

Wife - gynecologist

Husband - Neurologist I think. Not sure.