Federal FT Vs regular FT

lollilolli2020

Federal FT job vs Regular FT job  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

which one better ? 
also pls list pros and cons

I like regular FT with a bit of work-life balance.

Federal - No tension/stress, no target, job security, great benefits, Work life balance.

Cons - Less salary, boring work, not exciting life, older ppl, need to be in office, punch in/punch out, everyone paid same no matter how good/bad they are.

Regular FT - Goals, opportunities for growth, Opportunity to update one self and work on latest technology, Younger & exciting coleagues, Good salary/perks for people willing to go extra mile. Less chance of Work life balance.

cons - Stress, rat race, constantly update on tech.

1 minute ago, Konebhar6 said:

I like regular FT with a bit of work-life balance.

Federal - No tension/stress, no target, job security, great benefits, Work life balance.

Cons - Less salary, boring work, not exciting life, older ppl, need to be in office, punch in/punch out, everyone paid same no matter how good/bad they are.

Regular FT - Goals, opportunities for growth, Opportunity to update one self and work on latest technology, Younger & exciting coleagues, Good salary/perks for people willing to go extra mile. Less chance of Work life balance.

cons - Stress, rat race, constantly update on tech.

nuvvu cheppina points are good, 
but how good they hold when you are middle aged, with kids how do you keep yourself updated with tech constantly.

2 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Personal Preference at this point of my life FEDERAL FT....5gavml.gif

nuvvu cheppav ante Federal ee best but what if someone wants money of a corporate career and perks of a federal career ela appudu ? 

Just now, baabaa said:

Depends on personality. If you are dynamic and want to get ahead in career then of course private industry.

If you are take it easy candidate, edo monthly salary and retirement taravata pension vaste chalu anukunte nothing beats federal FT.

oka chinna company lo gatha 5 yrs ga work chesi bore dobbindii, I am unsure of what my personality is. 
start of career lo fake petti, edo nettukocha, then later moved to this company, peddaga em nerchukole and sluggish ayipoya with this current job, 

take it easy candidate ayina I have heard cracking a federal job is not a easy thing to do. 

5 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

nuvvu cheppav ante Federal ee best but what if someone wants money of a corporate career and perks of a federal career ela appudu ? 

You can choose different things at different time point of life...

So ippudu federal kavali ante may be in future corporate chesuko...

So pick what you want now...5gavml.gif

32 minutes ago, lollilolli2020 said:

nuvvu cheppina points are good, 
but how good they hold when you are middle aged, with kids how do you keep yourself updated with tech constantly.

I have had different roles and handled different technologies. I always loved challenges and it keeps me going. I also had quiet time where not much challenging work which I enjoyed as well. I would say its on us how we handle our job. I have been blessed to find a job with work-life balance and challenges once in a while.

are federal ft pay vs regular ft pay and benefits comparable? 

depending on your age you don't want to join something that is using super old technology making it virtually impossible for you to get hired in the event you want to change. 

1 hour ago, lollilolli2020 said:

Federal lo kuda high paying jobs untaayi. GS15 tarvata SES scales are good paying. Ask @tennisIuvrredux

• Upvote 1

Federal govt jobs come with a lot of benefits and perks, plus if you are around in the DMV area plenty of good contacts. 

But only drawback is that you have to typically be around the DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia area for the higher paying roles, as they typically can't let you work remote since you have to be at work due to security clearance reasons. If you are around that area and are a US citizen, strongly consider Federal Govt projects. 

13 minutes ago, tennisluvrredux said:

Federal govt jobs come with a lot of benefits and perks, plus if you are around in the DMV area plenty of good contacts. 

But only drawback is that you have to typically be around the DC-Maryland-Northern Virginia area for the higher paying roles, as they typically can't let you work remote since you have to be at work due to security clearance reasons. If you are around that area and are a US citizen, strongly consider Federal Govt projects. 

Agree but remote also agreeing … with like 1 or 2 days at office