INDIA v BHARAT

Tyrannosauraus_Rex

Honestly this really should be a non-issue. While conversing or writing in English obviously I refer to myself as an Indian and India as my country - and when using my mother tongue - it is not too uncommon to say "Mana Bharatha desam".

In fact I count the fact that we have 2 names (sometimes even Hindustan is used) - as a strong trait of a multi-faceted country. 

India and Bharat - both expressions and terms are extremely close to my heart. 

It would really really feel very weird if the word India is jettisoned by the government officially. And it has so many practical difficulties.

As of now we have an entire ocean named after us - "Indian Ocean". 

Also what do you do with the several institutions named after India like IIT's, ISRO, SBI as an example.

Let's just have both names. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

Honestly this really should be a non-issue. While conversing or writing in English obviously I refer to myself as an Indian and India as my country - and when using my mother tongue - it is not too uncommon to say "Mana Bharatha desam".

In fact I count the fact that we have 2 names (sometimes even Hindustan is used) - as a strong trait of a multi-faceted country. 

India and Bharat - both expressions and terms are extremely close to my heart. 

It would really really feel very weird if the word India is jettisoned by the government officially. And it has so many practical difficulties.

As of now we have an entire ocean named after us - "Indian Ocean". 

Also what do you do with the several institutions named after India like IIT's, ISRO, SBI as an example.

Let's just have both names. 

The name of Bharat will portray into our ancient roots/ deep history ( starting from bharata khanda )

2 minutes ago, pizzaaddict said:

The name of Bharat will portray into our ancient roots/ deep history ( starting from bharata khanda )

I know that - all I am saying is should we extirpate the word "India" completely? 

1 minute ago, Tyrannosauraus_Rex said:

I know that - all I am saying is should we extirpate the word "India" completely? 

not needed currently for name change . if it happens Incase , better to have both 

13 minutes ago, pizzaaddict said:

Ninnu bharat ani use cheyodhu ani constitution lo rasara. Even telangana thalli soniamma kuda oath bharat ane chesindhi

8 hours ago, JackSeal said:

Ninnu bharat ani use cheyodhu ani constitution lo rasara. Even telangana thalli soniamma kuda oath bharat ane chesindhi

Inthaki emey passport ee country dhi  Italy or desi  ani subramanian swamy fans questioning ?  Official chedam Ani planning 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pizzaaddict said:

Inthaki emey passport ee country dhi  Italy or desi  ani subramanian swamy fans questioning ?  Official chedam Ani planning 

Godi and shah munda gallani adugu ae passport vundhi ani ?