Why are some Catholic universities popular among janalu?

venkappa

Here are the main ones I can think of.

• St Stephens, Delhi
  • St Xaviers, Mumbai and Kolkata
  • Christ, Bangalore
  • Loyola, Chennai

Its really hard to get in these places, especially if you not Christian. So what makes these schools such popular choices among janalu? Never been to one or known anyone personally from those schools.

1 hour ago, venkappa said:

• St Stephens, Delhi
  • Christ, Bangalore
  • Loyola, Chennai

Its really hard to get in these places, especially if you not Christian. So what makes these schools such popular choices among janalu? Never been to one or known anyone personally from those schools.

British-era Legacy...

Also they have their own credits... Because they are old and good too (at least during British Times), many famous people would like to send their children to these Institutes.

Obviously the main intention behind the very establishment of these colleges is CHRISTIAN education. So no surprise if they give priority to Catholics.

6 hours ago, bharathicement said:

British-era Legacy...

Also they have their own credits... Because they are old and good too (at least during British Times), many famous people would like to send their children to these Institutes.

Obviously the main intention behind the very establishment of these colleges is CHRISTIAN education. So no surprise if they give priority to Catholics.

What own credits? What exactly makes them appealing to famous people?

8 hours ago, venkappa said:

• St Stephens, Delhi
  • Christ, Bangalore
  • Loyola, Chennai

repercussions of foundation education, 

nursery nunchi all rice bag schools lo sadivaaaru, especially hoping that english will be taught there,

ika adhey sentiment continue ayyuntundi,

but it is equally difficult to get into BITS, lady shri ram college, JBIMS etc no?

peacefuls nunchi kooda ilaaa konni institutes vachunte baagundu

3 hours ago, kingcasanova said:

repercussions of foundation education, 

nursery nunchi all rice bag schools lo sadivaaaru, especially hoping that english will be taught there,

ika adhey sentiment continue ayyuntundi,

but it is equally difficult to get into BITS, lady shri ram college, JBIMS etc no?

peacefuls nunchi kooda ilaaa konni institutes vachunte baagundu

I don’t know about that. I hear Coastal Karnataka has good schools.

There are many good catholic schools and colleges which are almost open to anyone to join, offcourse there might be some seats reserved for their own community. The quality of education and communication skills of people who pass out of these schools are really good.

13 hours ago, venkappa said:

• St Stephens, Delhi
  • Christ, Bangalore
  • Loyola, Chennai

Coz they offer good education? Probably has good funds and want to protect their legacy. 

These schools had a head start in offering western and English medium education which was a niche standard. 

I don’t think they are as popular as they used to be…

14 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

Coz they offer good education? Probably has good funds and want to protect their legacy. 

Is it really good education though? Compared to majority of institutes in India.

Never been to one, that’s why I’m interested to know. 

4 minutes ago, venkappa said:

Is it really good education though? Compared to majority of institutes in India.

Never been to one, that’s why I’m interested to know. 

Looks like they are. They have good reputationa and get a lot of companies for interviews. Know a few ppl who studied at St.Anns and St. Francis. Very strict and focus on education, extra curricular activities and super good spoken/written skills. They are very good at sports as well. 

The first company I worked for Visualsoft exclusively used to hire people from Loyola Academy.

7 hours ago, Konebhar6 said:

Looks like they are. They have good reputationa and get a lot of companies for interviews. Know a few ppl who studied at St.Anns and St. Francis. Very strict and focus on education, extra curricular activities and super good spoken/written skills. They are very good at sports as well. 

The first company I worked for Visualsoft exclusively used to hire people from Loyola Academy.

What extracuriicular activities exactly? Missionaries or Sunday schools?

34 minutes ago, venkappa said:

Oh that seems interesting actually! 

My observation is limited to hyd. I do not know how much Christianity they promote in these colleges