Desi uncles renting few of their rooms in new houses

Ravi860

12 minutes ago, Ravi860 said:

Would you do it? Renting like your full top floor or few rooms in your house with strangers? 

Its a common practice since long. They rent out individual rooms to strangers. Most indians have 4-5 bedroom houses so renting 2 bedrooms will get $1600-1800 rent. That too tax free. Whatever works for them right.

• Upvote 2

There is nothing wrong , I work in different city and I live with an American couple in basement and use their kitchen and other amenities , so if the Americans are doing it and they are happy with little cash I don’t think we should be worried 

I personally wouldn’t do it , I had a 5 bed room house which I stayed in for a year alone which was waste of revenue , but my mortgages was only 1400 dollars for that house 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ravi860 said:

Would you do it? Renting like your full top floor or few rooms in your house with strangers? 

Ma community lo Americans kuda chesthar anna , only mana desi ee kadhu, it’s common 

3 hours ago, pandemkodi said:

It’s personal choice 

బొంగులో personal choice… family పెట్టుకొని రెంటింగ్ ఏంటి నా రొయ్యా 

నా colleague ఒకడి ఆపర్ట్ లో ఉంటూ నన్ను ఒక రూమ్ రెంట్ తీసుకో అన్నాడు few years back…. Left leg tho thanthaa annaanu 

20 minutes ago, Mr Mirchi said:

బొంగులో personal choice… family పెట్టుకొని రెంటింగ్ ఏంటి నా రొయ్యా 

నా colleague ఒకడి ఆపర్ట్ లో ఉంటూ నన్ను ఒక రూమ్ రెంట్ తీసుకో అన్నాడు few years back…. Left leg tho thanthaa annaanu 

Rent ki ante abbayilakee kaadu bayya ammailaki kuda evaochu working single women or students. Ala time pass chesivallu kuda vuntaru

3 hours ago, Dhed said:

There is nothing wrong , I work in different city and I live with an American couple in basement and use their kitchen and other amenities , so if the Americans are doing it and they are happy with little cash I don’t think we should be worried 

I personally wouldn’t do it , I had a 5 bed room house which I stayed in for a year alone which was waste of revenue , but my mortgages was only 1400 dollars for that house 

Which part of America Anna? Only paying 1400$ for 5 bed home ?

4 hours ago, Ravi860 said:

Agree it’s a choice.. fact desis doing surprised me 

Most people do it for money and some people pick people by choice and treat them as their family. Its a win-win for both as the bachelors get a family feel and the family has people to share chores. These people are used to having people around them. 

I personally cannot do this. I need my privacy and love it. Same with wife and kids.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ravi860 said:

I know a family in Austin they moved to their new house in March and now they are planning to rent the downstairs bedroom

18 minutes ago, Tellugodu said:

Which part of America Anna? Only paying 1400$ for 5 bed home ?

May have bought long back and did not add property taxes and insurance.

My previous home bought in 2010 (4 bedroom in CA) had $1300 mortgage. Add insurance and property taxes it was less than $2000 overall.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Konebhar6 said:

May have bought long back and did not add property taxes and insurance.

My previous home bought in 2010 (4 bedroom in CA) had $1300 mortgage. Add insurance and property taxes it was less than $2000 overall.

Nice, good for you bro.