Olden days lo

veerigadu

Asal how people protected themselves from snakes and animals entering their house??? For a change let’s back…oka 2000 years ago lifestyle gurinchiii

Ippatilagaaa kadhu kadhaaa. Back in the day asal enthaaaa hard ga undedhooo especially in India I always wonder. I imagine dark villages here and there. Very sparsely distrubuted households. Alot of grass with no proper transportation.  and too much permeation of animals into households.

everyone probably had homes built in their own agricultural fields. It was probably very dark after 6pm and you are on your own. You have to protect yourself all the time.

Just now, veerigadu said:

Rathriii bayapadakuntaaa padukenevallemooo.

Imagine a king cobra making its way into the house and biting people? Scary asaluuu

Some people raise cats dogs mungessa.. these attack snakes.. some have mulikalu ready

4 minutes ago, psycopk said:

Some people raise cats dogs mungessa.. these attack snakes.. some have mulikalu ready

Yeah that makes sense. Everything being so dark and vulnerable to attacks from animals and nature. It’s scary. Not to forget the risk of family women being harassed and rafed by anti social elements. Life was probably very hard. We probably take everything for granted in 2023. But we have progressed alot as a civilization. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Asal how people protected themselves from snakes and animals entering their house???

Ippatilagaaa kadhu kadhaaa. Back in the day asal enthaaaa hard ga undedhooo especially in India I always wonder. I imagine a lot of grass and too much permeation of animals into households 

Enduku anna emina nightmare vachinda?

1 minute ago, csrcsr said:

Enduku anna emina nightmare vachinda?

Ledhu anna “Sapiens” aneee pusthakam 3rd time saduvuthunna. Just going back to those olden days and trying to be in their shoes for a change. They went through a lot. 

13 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Asal how people protected themselves from snakes and animals entering their house???

Ippatilagaaa kadhu kadhaaa. Back in the day asal enthaaaa hard ga undedhooo especially in India I always wonder. I imagine a lot of grass and too much permeation of animals into households.

homes sparsely distrubuted and everyone probably had homes in their own agricultural fields. It was probably very dark after 6pm and you are on your own. You have to protect yourself all the time.

pets...give some protection in house...specially with snakes...

mostly they are dangerous outside...like farming lands..and forest...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Ippatilagaaa kadhu kadhaaa. Back in the day asal enthaaaa hard ga undedhooo especially in India I always wonder. I imagine a dark villages here and there. Alot of grass with no proper transportation.  and too much permeation of animals into households.

homes sparsely distrubuted and everyone probably had homes in their own agricultural fields. It was probably very dark after 6pm and you are on your own. You have to protect yourself all the time.

ma oorlo no 2 povalante  inti baita vundedi chetlallo 

also baite padukune vallam holidays lo andaru buntaru kabbati antha bayam lekunde single ga thatha nanamma vallu ela vundevallo evaru lenapudu

Just now, dasari4kntr said:

pets...give some protection in house...specially with snakes...

mostly they are dangerous outside...like farming lands..and forest...

Appatlo yedlabandiii meeedha yevarainaa theerthaaa yatraluuu potheee thirigiiii vacchakaa andaruuu valla kallakiii namaskarinchevalluuu antaaa anna. 

because it’s a risk to travel through forests. Not too many people bothered risking it. Manam ippudu reservations chesukoni AC lo kusoni povvachuuu. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, veerigadu said:

Appatlo yedlabandiii meeedha yevarainaa theerthaaa yatraluuu potheee thirigiiii vacchakaa andaruuu valla kallakiii namaskarinchevalluuu antaaa anna. 

because it’s a risk to travel through forests. Not too many people bothered risking it. Manam ippudu reservations chesukoni AC lo kusoni povvachuuu. 

yup...

i wish you visit amish people in PA...

Im Not sure how people crossed rivers. Other side of river such as Godavari and Krishna povali anteee. There was only one way to do it. And Boat travel itself was very risky with unpredictable weather etc. IMO being alive was probably a every day battle for them. 

no wonder people married their sons and daughters to other folks born in the same village. It’s a convenience to say the least. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

Ledhu anna “Sapiens” aneee pusthakam 3rd time saduvuthunna. Just going back to those olden days and trying to be in their shoes for a change. They went through a lot. 

maa vaadi kosam ani..ee sapiens book...comic version konna...

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

yup...

i wish you visit amish people in PA...

Will do some research. I’m going to definitely visit bro. It’s a much needed thing to do. It gives a new perspective to our mechanized lives.