interstellar vs inception…

dasari4kntr

39 minutes ago, veerigadu said:

I think Nolan is fixated on physical dimensions aspect a lot. He is just a big physics fan I guess. These two movies mentioned above are similar on principle. Yet different in some ways. 

50-50…i guess…he is big fan of philosophy and various philosophical paradoxes …

all his mind bending stories are based on paradoxes…

23 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i don’t remember….there is any movie on 5th dimension related concepts…

i have disused this earlier..

coming to inception…most of the concepts are already covered in aadi shankaraacharya writings…including that minor detail like how time works in dreams…etc…all nolan did is added some action sequences to a deeper philosophical concept…which is impressive job…

Bro, I think we are all getting lost in taste here.

for my taste, inception is an amalgamation of a perfect blend. Where all aspects of film making are at its peak. That’s why I like inception. (adhi shankaracharya teachings are purely writings., don’t equate them to a movie) 

coming to interstellar. The fifth dimension part is not even referenced until the last reel. The movie won’t drive on the fifth dimension. The reveal is in the final scene. Apart from that the whole movie goes very straightforward from a pure film making perspective. The cavas is huge I agree but compared to complexity of characters and storyline in inception insterstellar is fairly ordinary. 

coming to fifth dimension in movies, there are two movies I can quote. 

2001 A Space Odyssey in its final episode some what deals with other dimensions. Watch it again you’ll know. Also interesting point here is that Stanley Kubrick deliberately edited out some scenes where he actually shot scenes with the extra dimensional beings. He felt that cutting those parts gives a mystery appeal to the movie rather than narrowing down on the extra dimensional beings . I knew this from a documentary. 

Similarly in the movie Contact, the protogonists character had to sit through congress hearing for what she saw when the rocket launch failed. She says that she saw some being from other dimensions. Very vaguely touch upon but the signs are there.

interstellar also touches on the fifth dimension similarly at the very end.  

2 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

Bro, I think we are all getting lost in taste here.

for my taste, inception is an amalgamation of a perfect blend. Where all aspects of film making are at its peak. That’s why I like inception. (adhi shankaracharya teachings are purely writings., don’t equate them to a movie) 

coming to interstellar. The fifth dimension part is not even referenced until the last reel. The movie won’t drive on the fifth dimension. The reveal is in the final scene. Apart from that the whole movie goes very straightforward from a pure film making perspective. The cavas is huge I agree but compared to complexity of characters and storyline in inception insterstellar is fairly ordinary. 

coming to fifth dimension in movies, 2001 A Space Odyssey in its final episode some what deals with other dimensions. Watch it again you’ll know. Also interesting point here is that Stanley Kubrick deliberately edited out some scenes where he actually shot scenes with the extra dimensional beings. He felt that cutting those parts gives a mystery appeal to the movie rather than narrowing down on the extra dimensional beings . I knew this from a documentary. 

bro...in inception..what was the final conclusion...bro..like decaprio(cobb) is in reality or still dream...? 

director leave that with a cliffhanger...

my intention of addi shankaracharya mention is...nolan...might be big philosophy reader...he might have read various theories from all sources...he might have made this story ..ani naaku anipinchindhi...

anyway..i like both films...but bit more interstellar...

9 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

bro...in inception..what was the final conclusion...bro..like decaprio(cobb) is in reality or still dream...? 

director leave that with a cliffhanger...

my intention of addi shankaracharya mention is...nolan...might be big philosophy reader...he might have read various theories from all sources...he might have made this story ..ani naaku anipinchindhi...

anyway..i like both films...but bit more interstellar...

Taste ani Andhuke annanu. Evari taste vallaki.

paina evaro tyriad anukunta tenet fav movie anta. Em cheptham. Evari taste valladhi. 

Inception lo cliffhanger is also part of the art. That makes it more intriguing and still discussed. 

Nolan is definitely a voracious reader. But not everybody gives out the source. Remember. Creativity is hiding your source Material. So you are free to imagine whatever you can because he is never going to reveal it.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

director leave that with a cliffhanger

this is what I see it like..

his goal is to come back home and be with his kids. His totem keeps spinning  and he moves away from it not looking which indicates he doesn’t care if it’s real or not and wants to be in the moment where his kids are in front of him

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shaktimaan said:

this is what I see it like..

his goal is to come back home and be with his kids. His totem keeps spinning  and he moves away from it not looking which indicates he doesn’t care if it’s real or not and wants to be in the moment where his kids are in front of him

yup...kids face kooda last lone choopistaaru...

6 minutes ago, MrDexter said:

paina evaro tyriad anukunta tenet fav movie anta. Em cheptham. Evari taste valladhi. 

hehe.. I find Nolan's movies boring and tedious.

So I choose the most tedious of all his movies as my fav.

plus I love time loop movies. this is the closest to a time loop nolan has made.

otherwise his movies are meh to me.

11 minutes ago, Tryad said:

hehe.. I find Nolan's movies boring and tedious.

So I choose the most tedious of all his movies as my fav.

plus I love time loop movies. this is the closest to a time loop nolan has made.

otherwise his movies are meh to me.

You should watch Looper

Just now, Tryad said:

I don't think there is  a time loop movie that I haven't watched.

including the most complex time lpop movie ever - Primer.

Yeah I don’t personally have taste for time loop movies. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tryad said:

both are utterly boring and among the worst of Nolan's movies.

Dunkirk Tenet are my favs

and after watching the latest Batman, I've come to hate Nolan's batman even more.

the last batman movie he directed was back in 2012 The Dark Knight Rises.......recent ga vachina batman movie came from somebody else and not from Nolan

3 hours ago, Tryad said:

both are utterly boring and among the worst of Nolan's movies.

Dunkirk Tenet are my favs

and after watching the latest Batman, I've come to hate Nolan's batman even more.

maa lanti kindhi sthayi vallaki ardam kaale....min degree, IAS, IPS chadavalli anta....nuvvu great bro, nuvvu anni chadivesav anukunta

25 minutes ago, no01 said:

the last batman movie he directed was back in 2012 The Dark Knight Rises.......recent ga vachina batman movie came from somebody else and not from Nolan

idhi choosaaka Nolan edupu gottu batman lite anipinchindhi.