Looking to move in US....please suggest

SaradaChinnodu

10 hours ago, SaradaChinnodu said:

I work in North East US from long time and feels like moving to warmer states. Two of us and our jobs are remote completely. NO kids.

Why:

a) Avoid Cold conditions

b) Hopefully buy a single family with yard (with same price). ikkada living in townhouse.

c) Just for a change as we dont see bigger advantages to stay back. 

Considering following states

1) Carolinas (N and S)

2) Texas. -  but lil worried about housing market, hot climate and fear of getting caught in desi athi (based on what I'm hearing on db...idk) true? Tx vasulu can clarify

3) Georgia - Heard its already crowded market?

4) Florida - too hot during summers?

Please weigh in your suggestions. And also suggest any other states that you may have idea on..

Let me know if someone recently moved and see any challenges with it...

--Thank you

First of all what is the budget bro?

school going kids?

remote job and states meda move kalevu, you need to nail down to each point and ekada work out avtadi anedi you have to live there for an year and decide for yourself. 

we moved to Dallas last year from West. Desis are there but bought a home lil far from all the desi crowd. Desis una evari life valade.

8 hours ago, Bears said:

You nailed down 4 good options but #3 Georgia is winner for me.  The only other option that comes close is the North Carolina but it’s up to you what suits you better as each person has a different lifestyle. Here is why Atlanta suburbs are better:

1)Alpharetta, Johnscreek and Cumming safest suburbs with all the big city amenities in drivable distance to Atlanta

2)Good amount of White collar jobs with exploding job market and startups, Will soon become biggest Tech hub.

3) Has good school districts and Atlanta always has the relaxed vibe of a college town with good universities and with the bustle of a big city.

3)With WFH and Hybrid working style, Commute is not over crowded but still some what crowded but that’s expected in any big city 

4)Still affordable housing options even with so many people moving in. New suburbs coming up with affordable living

5)World's busiest airport plus Drivable options for vacation to Florida for beaches and Theme parks

6)You will feel all 4 seasons, Summers are sometimes hot but not terrible 

There’s a little something for everyone in Atlanta, and thats what I love the most about the city.

Bold to Bold travelling ee pedda tala noppi 

12 hours ago, DJBravo said:

First of all what is the budget bro?

school going kids?

remote job and states meda move kalevu, you need to nail down to each point and ekada work out avtadi anedi you have to live there for an year and decide for yourself. 

we moved to Dallas last year from West. Desis are there but bought a home lil far from all the desi crowd. Desis una evari life valade.

600-700K single family. no kids yet.

which area did you buy in ? how are prices?

16 hours ago, lollilolli2020 said:

appatlo sava****kottevadivi kada DB members ni US ochche mundu; ala gurthu vundii. 

apudu janabha maata vini IT side poina aypothunde emo 😐 

16 hours ago, baabaa said:

Idi matram nijam bhayya. Nenu good school district lo unta, ratings anni baguntayi but teachers and curriculum aiyte worst. Same story with my cousins in Frisco area. Andaro outside best brains, kumon etc etc doing. Elementary education is far better in Hyd as I can compare because relatives vala elementary kids akkada koda same grade lo unnaru.

baga chepavu anna  monna dallas lo uncle picchu fuku said  my kids going to school in frisco and we bought house near good school district anta

School district manchidhi anni ella decide ainnavu ante lot of indian kids are coming to the school annadu

pichi pukodaa ani  anukonni topic change chesina

public schools  in US are govt schools in India eeedhii telavaani vallu bosedk chala unaru

good schools are private school and desis can't afford mana satisfaction ki evaddo chepina daniki vinadam tappa 

• Upvote 1